SaabCentral Forums banner

181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Well apart from light seam rot on driver side it looks almost new. :love: Easy fix. Carpet has been cleaned and looks really good. Waiting for carpet to dry to get 'after' pic. Rubber underlayment and pads are in good shape.

Rear carpet after vacuuming.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
The Hobart gas MIG works but the only voltage working is too low for the 1/8" plate. I can not get in there with the TIG so the POS eBay flux MIG welder had to come out. It worked but damn did I make a mess. It is on there and it won't be a problem for another 20 years but it looks horrible. I bonded the new shock plate to the top plate in 3 areas and stitched the crack together. Still have some weld cleanup to do like smoothing the top for the bushing. I am glad it will be hidden by panels and sheet metal. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
This is what happens when your shop gives zero f**** about your car. The jack points have been rammed up into the pan and busted through it. The jack point itself is still solid but it is disconnected from the rail completely. Boy I am glad I racked it up on the front subframe connections. It may have eventually fallen on me.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Welding splatter took out the Zeiss lens on my Sony HDR-CX405. Ugh. Video may be an issue. I'll see what I can do to finish up the shock tower vlog.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
New camera here. Almost done making a mess with the shock tower. Chase the hole is the latest game. It won't be pretty but it will be sturdy.

181 - 193 of 193 Posts