SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace all the gas and vacuum hoses with new, perhaps silicone if not too expensive. Does anyone know where I can order them all from one source by make and model rather than finding out part numbers and doing it piece meal? Appreciated.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Check out the Parts for Saabs site and eEuroParts.

Silicone will be expensive; but for vacuum lines, it is a good deal.

I think the gas lines are forever.. far better than the old ones, thanks to emissions and safety mania.....

Now, what do you want to bet that someone will report a leaking gas line :nono; ;oops:

The coolant hoses.... the big rigs have them in a silicone fortified reinforced rubber - good for a million miles - hopefully.....The cannot tolerate nor afford silly break downs due to a leaky hose...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I will check them out. The coolant hoses I just replaced the upper with a standard hose and was 35.00. Ouch! I will look into silicone for both upper and lower. I am having some power lose issues so I am just going to replace all.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
gthomp0805 said:
...Does anyone know where I can order them all from one source by make and model ...
Silicone vacuum hose is usually sold by the foot for around $1/foot. I don't know about the 2.5L GM engine fuel lines, but so far there has not been a reason to replace the fuel hoses on the 2L engines, except on engines modified for a higher pressure fuel regulator.

One source for silicone vacuum hose:
http://www.hosetechniques.com/

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sadly nobody makes silicone pipes for the V6 engine, you could build a custom set from Samco parts but this will be very expensive.

I've not long replaced the top radiator hose on mine, but it did last 12 years before starting to split, have a look for some of Mikalor's excellent stainless steel pipe clamps when you do replace any pipes they don't put any excessive pressure on the pipe and will last longer than the car...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I am looking to do is replace them all without having to take them off and take them to a auto parts store to make sure I get all the right sizes. Is there somewhere that gives me these specs? I know. I am asking alot. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts