SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

There is an issue with my SAAB that I will try to outline the best that I can. I have a SAAB 9000 CD (build date: October 1993).

The car has 180,000km on the clock. When I turn the car on during summer the RPM gauge fluctuates up and down for about two-three seconds between 0 and 1 and then remains still as the car warms up.

When the car is first started though the temperature is directly on low and it takes quite a long time to warm up. The car can be driven immediately during summer and will not cut out, but doesn't feel responsive until it is warmed up. Once it warms up, the car is fine. During winter, when the car is first started, it will cut out if you do not warm it up immediately.

Also, the 'check engine light' remains on the whole time when driving, and when in accessories flashes 6 times. On the SAAB diagnostic page, this apparently corresponds to a faulty oxygen sensor.

I have had two mechanics look at the car who said that they had the correct equipment to check the fault in the system, however, there equipment only worked on SAAB's post 1994 and 1996 respectively. Both mechanics said it could be the coolant temperature sensor, but I really have no way of knowing without plugging the car in.

He did check the oxygen sensor and thought that it was fine, and was inclined to believe it was the coolant temperature sensor instead.

1. Does anyone have any experience in this issue and can offer any advice as to what part might need replacing?

2. Does anyone know what the connection needed/is called to plug into a SAAB built in October 1993.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts