SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 1993 saab with blower motor fuse blowing as soon as you change. Blows fuse with motor unplugged , cant Find resistor location. Looking to find resistor location so it can be tested And removed. any help , pictures would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12,912 Posts
There are drawings and pictures in the Factory Service Manuals, found in the Stickies.
See section 3.2
The Body manual, section 8, will show you how to get at it.
If you've done it a hundred times, you can reach it blindly through the left speaker grille and un-snap it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information appreciate it, hopefully I never get good enough to do it blindly Lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had to change hood release cable after work so decided to try and find blower resistor to change. Used pictures in manual and directions where to get to from Jim. Got lucky and felt it ( sure can’t see it, and was slightly right of left speaker opening) the hose attached helped . Jim says it unsnapped (Huge help) which it did, I pulled It out put used replacement one in ( took A lot longer going in than taking out ,Watch Orientation taking out would make it much easier) . Blower works no short (for now). Put everything back together , now Taking Tylenol arthritis For my left shoulder.
Thanks again for directions appreciate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts