SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a quick search but couldn't really find anything without trawling through pages, so thought i'd just ask.

I am buying a lpt 9000 tomorrow as a daily smoker/tow car for my t16 900 trackcar. I have had a chat with a couple of mates who have fiddled with cars a bit, and the popular consensus is that there is no point pissing about with the lpt, is this true?

I would like about 180-200 ponies, so i need to see what the turbo used for the lpt. Is it the same size as the full-fat boost versions or does it need to be changed. Would a 1993 car have the trionic ecu fitted or would it be bosch? I know there are some subtle changes on the 93/94 models with balancer shafts. Any info on the lpt engines would be muchly appreciated, I don't want to go mad with the car, just give it a bit more go.

Thanks for any help peeps.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
I think the lpt had a low pressure turbo and only boosted 5-6psi and no ic I think. Abbott racing gives the run down of the changes per years. There is no apc pressure gage either. I would think you could get 200bhp though with a added ic, proper actuator and maybe some fueling changes to keep it safe during higher boost applications. I know the t5 trionic b234r engine came out in 1993 on the aero only and then 94-98 all had the same block.

http://www.abbottracing.com/2003/index.htm

John

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, just picked it up, it's not exactly fast, about the same pace as my focus. However i did find out it's intercooleded, with balancer shafts and trionic, so I think that boost needs to be cranked up a bit and see what happens.

:cheesy:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also what is the best way to increase the boost? Would the ecu be able to cope with just increasing the boost mechanically? Should I look into getting a re-map at the same time?

·
Registered
94 Posts
your in luck if it already has the intercooler just need the APC and a second hand ecu from a fpt, if its the 2.3lpt?? if its the 2.0 then youll need a tuned ecu from Saabfligth Maptune ect..

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think your only option for more hp is a mbc or a tuned ecu I think saabflight do more for the pre 94 9000 or Abbott but there not cheap, I paid £60 for a second hand Abbott ecu for my lpt on e/bay its worth a look..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll have a word with my saab guru dude who's fixing my 900 for me, see what ideas he bands about.

Need. More. Power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts