SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys..

I wanna replace my headgasket during the coming holiday...

I have bought everything.. torx socket, torque wrench, parts... except a repair manual :(

b212 repair maunal is crazily expensive, it is ok just to buy and read a b202 manual instead??

and does anyone have a pdf file for b212 by any chance??

by the way, can i replace the timing chain just by removing the head without taking the engine out??
is it a must to replace the tensioner? i.e. is it reusable?
and would the leaking exhaust gas from cyliners result in over pressure in the cooling system?? i have 3 hoses blown in a row O.O

Thank u all !

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I've read that the Bentley manual is out of print, Haynes (though at times vague) should help.

You can roll in a "split-chain" with the valve cover removed. Timing-chain tensioner protrusion will indicate the amount of wear on the chain guides, the tensioner is reusable (new seal is a good idea).
And yes a blown H.G. often over pressurises the cooling system.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
ella_2007 said:
Hi Philb,

so i can still do it without a repair manual?? i am not so confident.. :(
You are better with that guide than any manual! The manual just says "remove cylinder head, scrape off gasket, put new gasket, replace head". This guide tells you even you need the 13mm wrench for this bolt, and 12 mm wrench for that bolt, it is all you need, read it.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Yep - its all you need. It walks you through the whole process, including information that the Bentely assumes you know. There are a number of
threads on this forum which cover headgasket repairs also, look in the technical help section, and the faq on this forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts