SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1991 900S convertible that I will eventually be redoing the leather seats. I found a 1989 900 turbo 3-door (coupe/hatchback) that appears to have a different design of seat and is cloth with a different pleat design. They both have the backrest tilt mechanism on the seatback. My 1991 seats bolt to the floor in the back and don't have the hook, not sure on the 1989 seats. If the 1989 seats have the bolts and not the hooks will they fit in my vert?

And the other question that I couldn't find a definitive answer on was if a 2-door rear seat is a direct fit into a vert?

1989 cloth seats I am considering.

Vehicle Car Window Car seat cover Motor vehicle

·
Registered
8,897 Posts
Yes, if the seats attach in the same way they will go in. However, it looks like that car has mouse belts, which could create some seatbelt issues.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pardon my ignorance, but what are "mouse belts" I assume something related to the seatbelt receptacle on the left of the driver's seat? In all honesty, I would remove the covers and use them as a pattern to make duplicate covers, but just made out of leather.

And the other question is, will the back seat out of a 2 door car fit in a convertible?

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Pretty sure the mounting brackets changed after 89.

Mouse (trap) belts are the automatic shoulder belts that slide forward on a rail when the ignition is turned on.

And no to the back seat, the convertible back seat is convertible specific (narrower than other models)

·
Registered
8,897 Posts
The problem with mouse belt cars is the shoulder belt is permanently fastened to the seat, and there is a separate retractable lap belt. The convertible will have a standard 3-point belt. You may be able to switch out the lap belt receptacle for a 3-pt belt, but I don't know if or how well that works.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just bought a 1991 900S convertible that I will eventually be redoing the leather seats. I found a 1989 900 turbo 3-door (coupe/hatchback) that appears to have a different design of seat and is cloth with a different pleat design. They both have the backrest tilt mechanism on the seatback. My 1991 seats bolt to the floor in the back and don't have the hook, not sure on the 1989 seats. If the 1989 seats have the bolts and not the hooks will they fit in my vert?

And the other question that I couldn't find a definitive answer on was if a 2-door rear seat is a direct fit into a vert?

1989 cloth seats I am considering.

View attachment 283764
I know those seats & said 'no' to them.......lol....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the design of the seats/covers and was thinking of picking them up for just the covers if they would fit over my vert's foams. I would send them away and have them sacrificed as a pattern to have a set made in leather.

·
Registered
8,897 Posts
A friend of mine did that on his '87 900T and they looked great. IIRC the pattern is called "Horizon" (vs the more common "Contour"). The underlying foam is different AFAIK... So you need to recover the actual Horizon seat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts