SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade the bov on my 9K I just would like to make the sound louder is there any site that sells them in the US I saw the ones from Forge will they work on my car. Everyone that has them has a newer saab any help would be great thanks
jim

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
anyone installed one of those on oh, say, a '91 9K?... how's it go? have a step - by - step?

·
Banned
637 Posts
Got lotsa spare $$??
Firstly OEM bov Valve is pretty darn good.. wanna better one? Buy the Viggen version.. still inepensive:)
A BOV valve ONLY holds Boost pressure 'till it's signaled to release.. buy a lift off of the throttle foot.
Valve either holds pressure or it does Not... PERIOD.. nothig further is needed or performance inducing.. regardless of Brochure Babble or yr Mates Babblings to the Contrary.
OEM one is good for at least 18PSI, Viggen one is 20+ psi. . Are you Boosting Higher??
The Noise yr after is a BOV dumping back to atmosphere.. something NO saab does.. cuz it's Metered air and there is absolutely NO advantage to dumping it on anything but a pure Race setup.

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
how's it go? have a step - by - step?

That's very easy, the procedure can be condensated this way in 2 steps:

1)remove the old one
2)install the new one.

:cheesy:

All the details are obvious when you open the hood of the car, it's just three hoses, two of which are held by common fasteners actually.... ;)

Ditto everything Basre wrote. I see no point in changing the BPV as a first mod, unless it's broken.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my 900 did...

I had a 900 turbo and it had the pssstt sound... I dont need it for performance nor do I expect any gains I just want it for the sound...
jim

·
Banned
637 Posts
IF.. yr 9k actually had a Pffsst Sound it was Damaged!
I have two of those cars and most decidely there is NO such sound and these are hitting 20 psi peaks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts