SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need advice for my 1991 900 Convertible. The issue is the top mechanism in relation to the glass window during opening and closing. The window seems to "catch" and then pops down or up. During a recent event, where there were two other 900 convertible to compare with, we noticed that the back cross piece has lost its "bow" or arc. Any ideas how to proceed? can it be pushed back up (bent) to make it bow again, can I just replace the back cross piece (bow), what options do you suggest. We also observed that the glass seems to push up against the bow during the opening and closing operation. I'll add that I don't have the history of the car, I bought it in July and have very little info about the car. It appears to me that it is the metal bow that is "flattened" (observed from the outside), and looking at parts lists online, I think that is Bow #3!? or is it bow #3 AND 4 that are "flattened" is that possible? Can i get new (used) bows and are they easy to install (understanding the canvas top would have to be lifted first)? Aside from this issue, the top opens and closes and is positioned normally. In the photo of 3 900s, mine is the one on the left?

IMG_2415-2.jpg
1570233353977.png

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Your post is misleading. You refer to 'glass window'. They are all glass and there are 5 of them.. Which window are you referring to. At a guess I suspect your problem may be caused by a misaligned side window. For info on this refer to the manual in the stickies FAQ..They are all adjustable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your post is misleading. You refer to 'glass window'. They are all glass and there are 5 of them.. Which window are you referring to. At a guess I suspect your problem may be caused by a misaligned side window. For info on this refer to the manual in the stickies FAQ..They are all adjustable.
Sorry to confuse. no, the issue is not with a side window. It is the window in the convertible top, the rear window. When the top is going up or down, the glass section seems to push up and momentarily get stuck against the bow. The suspicion is that this is happening because that 3rd bow appears to be flattened.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
The rear window is bonded to a fabric canvas surround. This surround is then fixed to the rear roof bow. I suppose that if the rear roof bow is distorted downwards the tension on the window will be less allowing the window to move back and forth. Check out the convertible roof info in the manual for yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts