SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the ad:

Mint body (no rust, dents chips), loaded Euro Aero: skirts, factory whale tale, power suroof, mirrors and windows, heated leather seats, AC, headlights wash/wipe. Everything works! Call 612-7764.

I personally imported it this spring from Japan with only 120 000 km on the odo and it was inteded as a keeper and long term project. I already invested lots of money and labour: new brake fluid, engine coolant and ATF/filter, Mobil 1 5W-50 oil (all changed with proper flushing), all filters and spark plugs, wheel alignment.

Also new: heater valve, right upper control arm bushing (they go more often due to heat from turbo), hoover valve and pipes, underbonnet vac lines, ABS accumulator, Alpine CD/MP3 stereo

Runs great: lots of boost, wonderful whistle of a turbo spool (no smoke too!) and SAAB stability. Excellent ABS brakes. Leather is in great shape, without cracks - even on driver's seat bolster.

The car has been inspected/certified for and is registered / insured in Alberta.
Needs to be seen to be fully appreciated.

*****Thought I had found my 900 until I found out in an autobox....;oops: but I am going to take a look at it anyways. Hes asking $5000 CDN, what do you guys think and what should I look for when looking at and test driving the car. Thanks in advance guys!

Drew

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
If it's a Japan market car it is neither Euro nor particularly easy to drive... passing is a ***** :eek:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
if its from japan its probably RHD. that would take a little getting used to stateside :eek::lol:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No its LHD....I need to just go see this thing, i was just looking for things to watch for when checking it out, but I think I got it.

Drew

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
AlbertaDrew said:
Also new: heater valve, right upper control arm bushing (they go more often due to heat from turbo), hoover valve and pipes, underbonnet vac lines, ABS accumulator, Alpine CD/MP3 stereo
It's a nuisance when your hoover valve loses vacuum.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I'd be wary on the imported from Japan part... as all Japanese cars are RHD, just like Australia. I don't see why a Japanese buyer would have a LHD car over in Japan... so unless the bloke did a conversion when he got it to Canada? Probably unlikely tho as that is mucho work!

I'd be asking questions about the what side of the car the steering wheel was on when he brought it in.

Also if it is truly a Japanese (originally sold there) car, the headlights will be all wrong for driving on the right side of the road in North America. Any mention of "correcting" the headlights for right side of the road driving?

sab

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
sab aero said:
I'd be wary on the imported from Japan part... as all Japanese cars are RHD, just like Australia. I don't see why a Japanese buyer would have a LHD car over in Japan... so unless the bloke did a conversion when he got it to Canada? Probably unlikely tho as that is mucho work! sab

Maybe it was imported from Japan where it was imported from somewhere else before... :)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Hoover valves without vacumn That really sucks if it dont suck . Well actually they dont suck , that does suck / But potenially they could still blow ?? Is this the possible re birth of suckless hoovers ? SAAB BLOWERS !!

Its a lucky weekend tho Mr godfrey will give ya $ 100 for ya non sucking hoover doover . or ... you could perhaps get $110 for an after market Saab blower on Evil bay . I saw an E bay ad tonight for a saab wheelnut , SO there is perhaps a market.....................

sidenote .

Beegee hows the dyson holding up to the tough unrelenting aussie climate ? Tough dirt down under ,

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
AlbertaDrew said:
No its LHD....I need to just go see this thing, i was just looking for things to watch for when checking it out, but I think I got it.

Drew
Ask for the import documents and the certification documents - if Canada is anything like the states "grey market" cars can be "interesting" to get through inspection. If it is RHD it's not that hard to get used to driving it on the right side of the road - and is downright convenient when parking - as you exit the car on the curb side. It's an automatic so you won't have to "train" your left hand to stir the shifter .... traffic circles (roundabouts) can be interesting ...

If everything the guy claims about the car is true you may have just found a sweetheart with a very unique history!

Steve

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to those of you that had a good post! hahah I will check it out and get more info, its finding the time during the work week. I think i feel a cold coming on....:lol:

·
Registered
491 Posts
if you don't mind me asking, how much does he want for it? Also, have you seen it yet? I feel lucky where I live, no monthly/yearly check, and you can drive anything pretty much. You would probably have no problem with registration and titling and insurance down here. I see right hand drive rovers, minis, and a citroen or two all the time. but i guess since it's left hand that wont be a problem for you.
-Alex

1 - 15 of 15 Posts