SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like my alarm fob is broken and my car is stuck out on the street! I was wondering if there is a relatively easy way i can disable the alarm so I can atleast move my car before I have it looked at?

Im not sure if it is an aftermarket alarm/immobiliser or not. Il take a photo of the fob when i get home.

I have tried disconnecting the battery for atleast 30 mins but that has not worked.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Ingy

·
Registered
987 Posts
I am not sure about other markets but U.S. Market 9000's didn't have keyless entry till 1995. Mine is a 1994 and I was horribly distraught when I found out I couldn't have a keyless. I'm thinking it must be aftermarket in which case you would probably have to contact the alarm manufacturer about emergency disabling procedures.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah damn. There are no markings on the fob itself apart from what seems to be a model number (ZTX-D2). Ive googled it but cannot find anything.

Would there be anything in/on the car that may point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Do a search on Ebay motors for Saab 9000 there is usually a few factory key fobs on there that you could look at to compare with yours. As far as I know there is only 2 buttons on the factory key fob, one with a key imprint that is for locking/unlocking, and another for opening the hatch.

Edit: This is the '95-'98 Key fob.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine is a woodgrain brown colour with only one button. Il post a picture, it may make it easier.

·
Super Moderator EMERITUS
8,806 Posts
Sounds kind of similar to the ZVS-250 I had in the old 900. I tracked the maker down to an outfit called Zylux in Melbourne. Mine was just out of frequency range and they sorted that for me. I don't see your model number amongst theirs though. If you can find the alarm module, that would help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I can't see it there either and they don't have a page where you can look at their older models..

Where would I find the alarm module? (Sorry I'm a bit of a novice..)

·
Super Moderator EMERITUS
8,806 Posts
In your case it might be wiser to get an alarm tech to sort it out. They should just come out and dial in a new remote for you. The remote has to be adjusted to the frequency of the module, and possibly the module reset anyway. So you can't just buy a new remote and expect it to work right away. Yeah, best get a tech out to do it.

I suppose you've tried new batteries in it?;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I did try new batteries.

Good idea about the alarm tech, didn't even think about that. I was going to get roadside assist out but i dont think there will be much they can do.

Will have to try and find one that will come out in adelaide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts