SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have a 1989 Saab 9000 CD Turbo with issue with its ABS hydraulic pump. Does someone on this forum know where I can find a replacement for that or a place that I can send it to be repaired? The car was in storage since 1995 and the ABS hydraulic pump is severely clogged to the point that my mechanic could't bleed the system after changing all calipers, discs, and pads of all four corners.Thanks in advance to all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this what you're after?

I have two Saabs, both are 1989 9000 turbos with manual transmission, one is hatchback and the other is CD. I have a long list of things I need for them, but for now the ABS hydraulic pump is the main issue for the CD model I have. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
77 Posts
The ABS pump is a gold gem on these things. You may find a complete unit on eBay but I've found good-condition used parts to be hard to obtain. Maybe you can rebuild it? I'm in the process of rebuilding the throttle body on my 94 CDE and just finding shaft seals was a pain. Jim Ellis is a great parts dealer in FL and their prices are always reasonable. I used to buy most of my hard-to-find Hyundai parts on the Genesis Coupe v6 turbo project from them or directly from Korea depending on how fast I needed it. If you call you may just get a desk jockey that has no idea what he's selling so verify what you need, part#-wise from the OE diagram or a Saab mechanic. Just as an example, I ordered a set of seals (shaft, flange, coolant pass) for the TB from them online, per the diagram. The sales rep replied and asked what I needed the coolant passage O-ring for, it was not required per the VIN. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: Uh, I'm PRETTY sure the coolant passage cover is on ALL of the 94 and below 9000 TBs and they ALL need that funky shaped seal, so who knows what he was looking at. At least he replied and checked though. If you don't provide your VIN then they won't accept ANY returns.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ABS pump is a gold gem on these things. You may find a complete unit on eBay but I've found good-condition used parts to be hard to obtain. Maybe you can rebuild it? I'm in the process of rebuilding the throttle body on my 94 CDE and just finding shaft seals was a pain. Jim Ellis is a great parts dealer in FL and their prices are always reasonable. I used to buy most of my hard-to-find Hyundai parts on the Genesis Coupe v6 turbo project from them or directly from Korea depending on how fast I needed it. If you call you may just get a desk jockey that has no idea what he's selling so verify what you need, part#-wise from the OE diagram or a Saab mechanic. Just as an example, I ordered a set of seals (shaft, flange, coolant pass) for the TB from them online, per the diagram. The sales rep replied and asked what I needed the coolant passage O-ring for, it was not required per the VIN. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: Uh, I'm PRETTY sure the coolant passage cover is on ALL of the 94 and below 9000 TBs and they ALL need that funky shaped seal, so who knows what he was looking at. At least he replied and checked though. If you don't provide your VIN then they won't accept ANY returns.
I'm in UpState NY and around here I just have a bunch of "part changer mechanics," if the car does not have computer to show them what's the problem, they don't know what to do and always said, " We don't work on foreign cars!" Most of parts I need I get on eBay searching in others languages instead of english, but that pump seems to be hard to find unfortunately.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The diagrams are fairly concise and complete on Jim Ellis's brand sites so go there first and see what's listed by year and model. If you can find the part# there from their diagram then you can search on Google to verify that's the part you need using image search.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts