SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a fail safe between the brake light fuse and the turbo.

But I;m not sure what is causing the problem.

I just find myself having to replace fuse after fuse and was wondering if when the fuse blows it would disable my turbo?

I just notice it most when having used the turbo at hi RPMS.

Also it sometimes stalls when using turbo at hi RPM

Sincerely,

-Glen

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
As a guess, when the fuse blows the turbo is probably no longer able to drop to base boost on braking, so it may actually be a more dangerous condition than when the fuse is intact. The APC (boost controller) cuts the boost to base boost levels when it senses that the brake lights are on via the switch at the brake pedal, so a lack of voltage there would prevent the APC from knowing when the brakes are being applied.

I don't think it is likely that the brake light fuse is blowing because of the turbo (or APC). More likely is that there is a problem at the brake light, so check the wiring going into the brake light housings.

Does it stall at high RPMS or does it just seem to loose power somewhat abruptly? If it just looses power, that could be an indicator that the APC is sensing knock and cutting the boost down to protect the engine. Higher octane gas will allow the engine to boost to higher levels, so try some better fuel and see if it improves.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for responding!!

It does loose power all of a sudden like it does not recognize when I push on the gas pedal but it doesnt rev the engine. And when it looses power it could be at low or hi rpms, theres no specific time.

So it's not the clutch plate. This lasts about 3-4 seconds. it doesnt happenoften but enough that I want to get it fixed before something major happens.

Alot of people are thinking the loosing power from 3-5 seconds, then it kicks back on is because of the TPS sensor.

And Yes it only dies when I am shifting at high rpms, like 4-5 grand.

UNless I put it back in gear it dies when shifting at hi RPM/s

Sincerely,

Glen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts