SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
had to replace the front "header" pipe and intermediate pipes on the 900 turbo. (like Swiss cheese along the seams)

I need a new "ring gasket" between the front pipe and Cat unit. i bought what i thought was the right gasket from Walker 31370. But this does not look right. the old gasket is tappered on both sides and seems to be solid steel. the Walker gasket is tappered on one side and square on the other and is a metal fiber type material. I Do not see a way to make this work. the walker diagram shows this gasket is for both the turbo to front pipe as well as the front pipe to CAT joints.

looking around and looking on the Bosal website i see a Bosal # 256737. the Bosal website also shows this is for both the turbo to front pipe as well as the front pipe to CAT. however the Bosal website does not have a very good picture of it.

can anyone tell me if this is really the right gasket for the front header pipe to cat converter?

i have also found a Starla part 6524-SA-9316407 and that picture does look like my old part.

i tried to use the old ring after cleaning it up but it leaks

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,875 Posts
The proper part number for what you're looking for is "8328726". There are SOME still available through Orio but they're in Sweden. I'm also having trouble finding you an aftermarket solution but it looks like ProPart Sweden made one at some point according to my catalog.
Tom

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the feedback. i'll see what i can find with that part number. tempted to go ahead and order the bosal part. It would be $10 w/shipping.

Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes they do. IF they have them in stock and they do not. 4-6 weeks. Maybe. No one else seems to have them in stock.

orderEd the Bosal. $8 shipped. If it is right I’ll post. If not I may try jvanabra’s suggestion. Or maybe weld solid.

tried tofigure out how to modify the walker but it’s compressed wire and you can’t grind it as it just shreds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts