SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
The '90+ ECMs are pretty reliable, but if you want to own a c900 in 2019 you are well advised to hold linchpin parts. :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Out of curiosity what are the chances that a 1990 convertible manufactured in 02/90 has the 90 ECM you mentioned jvanabra? Easy way to tell? Is it located in the passenger footwell area behind carpet?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just browsing through this thread and thought i might add a little wisdom learned the hard way. Never remove the ground connections beneath the fuel rail with the battery connected....unless you want to blow the ECU.
Also, Q for the OP: You mentioned the car was from Florida. Is it red and was it from Tampa?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Out of curiosity what are the chances that a 1990 convertible manufactured in 02/90 has the 90 ECM you mentioned jvanabra? Easy way to tell? Is it located in the passenger footwell area behind carpet?
100% a MY1990 car has a 1990 ECM. 1990 production starts in late '89. The problematic 1989 ECM would have been done by then.

The Bosch number on the front of the ECM will tell for sure. I cannot remember for certain what it is... maybe -570? The good/last/desirable version of the Saab LH 2.4 ECM ends in -948.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just browsing through this thread and thought i might add a little wisdom learned the hard way. Never remove the ground connections beneath the fuel rail with the battery connected....unless you want to blow the ECU.
Also, Q for the OP: You mentioned the car was from Florida. Is it red and was it from Tampa?
it is RED i'd have to look thru the receipts again to see where in Florida it was. one reciept for tires and one for exhaust.

history between Eastern PA (Harrisburg area) and Florida and then Florida to Northern Indiana are missing. (did not pull carfax) no real history in Indiana other than old insurance cards and a pile of year stickers on the PPO (previous previous owner) license plate.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well if its the car that i'm wondering about, I have it's original engine and auto trans (sold trans). Does it have tan interior and how many miles does it show? This car had something like 59k on it. I also remember that the original owner had seat skins but never had them installed before he passed away. Son sold the car and all the parts.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well if its the car that i'm wondering about, I have it's original engine and auto trans (sold trans). Does it have tan interior and how many miles does it show? This car had something like 59k on it. I also remember that the original owner had seat skins but never had them installed before he passed away. Son sold the car and all the parts.
Never mind, i read you other post about the newly acquired car. This would not be same car.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts