SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, anyone know where the four drains for the sunroof exit the vehicle (89 9000 hatch)? Mine are plugged and I've not had luck clearing them from the top. I opened up the aquarium/false firewall lid hoping to find the exits for the front drains without finding anything promising...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, though I'm still interested where, exactly, the exits are, Ive gotten at least the front ones cleared. I really didn't want to but went ahead and took the air compressor to them. I was afraid of blowing off a tube in the A pillar but I think I got lucky. Once they started draining, I still couldn't distinctly see where from as it was kind of pouring out of some bodywork behind the front wheel wells; the rust has really started to settle in there and I don't want to start removing stuff for fear it'll never go back on again...

The rears I think I actually found the exits. Plastic things sticking out of the body just ahead of the rear wheel wells. I stuck some wire up thise and they seem fine.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I can't imagine they changed much over the years so in case its any use here's the forward drain location. The end of the pipe is just a few inches inboard from the visible piece and can be reached by putting your hand under.

I thought the rears exited behind the wheel well as opposed to in front but not certain.

Doug

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts