SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming everything in the ad is correct and I don't find any surprises... Does this look like a good deal?
http://portland.craigslist.org/car/79939466.html

Is there anything in particular I should have checked out, if I were to entertain buying it (ie: issues common to this year/model)?

Seems like it could be a good 2nd car...

Thanks!
-daniel

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have an 89 9k. Wonderful car. In my experience, here is what you should look at or expect to replace... Fuel Pump and attachments. O2 sensor, Charcoal canister (does anyone change these?), cabin air filter (rarely changed), brake calipers (piston leak) and rotors and master/slave cylinder leakeage, Power steering pump and hoses...leakage? Also check heater core (look for leakage in cabin on passenger side and signs of leakage underneath) Power windows and sun roof...how smooth? Central locking... do they all work? Seat heaters! What shape is the headliner, A and C posts, etc in? Brake light switch, cruise control.

It has a new engine, so the usual engine stuff should not be a problem. Heck if it were in Chicago, I'd really take a hard look at it!

take it to the car wash, wash it, check trunk and interior for leakage, factory hatch/rear window glass seal tends to leak after ten or 12 years.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, midway.

i actually made arrangements to go see it, then called the guy again when i wasn't sure whether to turn left or right at one point - the guy ended up being insulting and just generally an ***hole on the phone, so i just turned around and went home.

might have been the deal of the year, but i don't deal with those types. if it's as great as he says, i'm sure he'll have no problems selling it.

thanks.
-d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts