SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang! I was hoping my first post would be more cool and technical, but alas - I feel like this is kind of an embarrassing way to start!

TL/DR: I need pictures of your 3-door Saab 900 interior trim.

I've wanted an '88 900 for a long time and finally was able to get one last week, and I'm in the process of fixing her up. It's my first restoration project so I'm about as far from an expert as you can get. There is such a wealth of great technical information online and in my service manual that I've been able to find all the answers I need without having to ask as far as mechanical repairs, and I'm well on my way to have a road-worthy car on my hands ready to show off to the world!

What I AM struggling with is this; The car is missing a ton of interior trim, and a lot of the trim is does have appears to be incorrect. I was out cruising the junk yards hoping to find one with the same intended trim package to pull parts from, but haven't found any that have the same trim package, and I can't actually find any pictures of what it's SUPPOSED to look like to give me a solid idea of what I need or should be going for. All I could find were 1990-1993 models and convertibles at the moment. I can make / alter what I have to some extent to get it serviceable, but it's tricky without having any idea what it's supposed to look like, and since my long term goal is to have proper correct trim I'd really love some examples.

If anyone can share pictures of their interiors, most specifically the A/B pillar trim, where the seat belts connect to the trim, the visors, the door trim, etc (the parts you don't normally get a good look at when people are showing off their car pictures online) it would be very helpful. My car is a 1988 Saab 900 Turbo 3-door hatchback model, with manual seats* (it may have originally had automatic seats, but currently has after market seats that I'm hoping to replace with the correct manual seats,) sunroof, manual seat belts and power windows.

Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
By and large, all 16v 3-door 900s are the same inside. The three major variables are cars with power seatbelts (different headliner, b-pillar trim, seats, floorpan), cars with airbags (different b-pillar trim), and then the '91+ cars. It's difficult to suss out these variables unless you know what you're looking for, so I'm not sure pictures really help. Maybe post pictures of what you've got, and folks can tell you what you need. There are probably only a couple dozen major things in the interior of a c900... not much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts