SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Saab 88, 900.

I have done alot, plugs, wires, rotor, and full tune up. I have an odd scenario. The car starts roughly...Then i crank it to 2 rpm for 30 seconds and it stays running nicely. That was until the battery starting acting up a few days ago. I can not get it to turn over. I can jump start it, or recharge the battery. Once i do, it runs fine.

any ideas.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
It sounds to me like your car has two problems. The cold start issue could be a dying air mass meter. The battery issue sounds to me like your alternator is not charging, wich could be as simple as a bad ground wire from the alt. to the engine. or the voltage regulator is pooched,or just the brushes. the alt. will also discharge if the battery indicator light itself is no good.

·
Registered
959 Posts
It sounds to me like your car has two problems. The cold start issue could be a dying air mass meter. The battery issue sounds to me like your alternator is not charging, wich could be as simple as a bad ground wire from the alt. to the engine. or the voltage regulator is pooched,or just the brushes. the alt. will also discharge if the battery indicator light itself is no good.
I second that as well. You can check the AMM by taking it off and testing it. same with the alternator. check your bentley manual it will give the specs for testing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts