- I have a 1988 900s non turbo manual trans 222k miles. I’ve had the car for half a year and I’ve been fixing it for some time now. It has a salvaged title which I think is due to flood damage so of course the electrical is now messed up. Runs solid besides a air fuel ratio learning fault but that’s not too bad. Bought the car for $380 did some clutch work and now I’m about $1000 deep into it. The last issues I have are all electrical. I’ll list everything out.
- When I put the car in reverse it blows fuse 13. “Back up light, cigarette lighter 20A” the cigarette lighter works until I put the car in reverse and bam fuse gone. The reverse lights have been replaced and they don’t even pop on for a second when I do this.
- The automatic seat belts don’t work I’ve lifted up the back seat and it looks like maybe a relay is missing and the PO just disabled them. Not sure what to be looking for but will most likely convert to regular seat belts like everyone else. So this problem isn’t a big deal
- This is my most important concern. The tachometer and the fuel gauge flicker occasionally and sometimes both work perfect after a while of driving. I can hit a bump and one stops working ect. I’ve checked the cluster and even repaired the illumination lights on it but no luck with the tach and fuel gauge. I’ve ran a 12v battery to every little connection on the ribbon and every light comes in and gauges jump so that must mean the cluster itself is ok. What I’ve seen to narrow it down to is either some kind of sensor that reads for the two like the float for the fuel is bad or what reads rpm in the engine. I’d like to know what sensor is the rpm sensor in the saab I have tried to research but I couldn’t find anything. Also if I hit the top of the dash the gauge barely jumps for the rpm and when I turn the left turn blinker on the gauge jumps a little too.
- Any help is greatly appreciated I currently am a student on spring break and any kind of information or things to check I will do and update once done. Thank you