SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car runs and drives but it was wired with a jumper switch straight to the starter to turn it on. The key cylinder was broken and you could just turn it to the on position and then hit the starter switch and let off of it and the car ran.

I just replaced the key cylinder and when I turn the key to the start position it sends a signal but the starter doesn’t crank.
I have a 89 900 and looked at the wires going to it’s starter and it has a yellow wire that runs into the fuse box and into the car.

move checked my car for this yellow wire and it has it going to the exact same place but it is connected to the throttle on the intake manifold. I’ve checked to see if that yellow wire is connected to the starter if it would solve my problem and nope no start.
It has to be a electrical problem. When I turn the key the relay “ignition lock” clicks so the relay isn’t bad.
If you have any suggestions to make a jumper that will go to the starter when the key is in the start position that could work.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
The wire from the ignition switch to the starter solenoid is one single, long, direct wire. Yellow/Red out from terminal 50 on the switch that "turns into" a yellow wire at the bulkhead connector and then goes straight to terminal #50 on the solenoid. There is nothing in the middle except the aforementioned bulkhead connector, and that wire touches only the switch and the solenoid.

·
Registered
12,966 Posts
...And the TSI socket, and ignition lock relay, and the A/C delay relay (late models only), and sometimes cold-start injector. Still one wire, just some branches. There is no starter relay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts