SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
£500.

Not sure if linking to carandclassic is allowed, but it is on that site under the same headline as here. Here is the text copied and pasted:

I have decided to sell my Classic Saab 900 cabriolet. It has been stood since October last year and is currently sorn’d. It ran out of M.O.T earlier this year but I recently took it for an M.O.T to see what needed doing to get it back on the road for the summer but unfortunately it failed on the following:-
-Nearside front rear position lamps adversely affected by the operation of another lamp
-Offside front rear position lamps adversely affected by the operation of another lamp
-Nearside front (top ball joint) ball joint dust cover excessively damaged so that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt
-Offside front (lower ball joint) ball joint dust cover excessively damaged so that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt
-Offside front constant velocity joint gaiter deteriorated to the extent that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt
-Nearside Indicator tell-tale inoperative (think it may just be a bulb)
-Nearside Headlamp excessively deteriorated so that the light output is severely reduced (have a spare headlamp)
-Nearside Headlamp aim beam image obviously incorrect
-Parking brake efficiency below requirements

I have been quoted in the region of £250 - £350 to get these things done from various garages.
As I am trying to save for a wedding, I can not really justify spending the money to fix all the faults so have decided to sell the car as it is. I do have spare headlamps along with various other bits for the car that I will include in the sale for FREE.

As well as the faults listed that it failed the M.O.T on, there are a few other things that need mentioning:
-The car was originally black, but the last owner (A former member of E.L.O) decided to have it painted bright yellow, and it is not a great job to be honest. There are bits flaking off and I don’t think the person who sprayed it bothered to strip the black paint off or prime it before applying the yellow coat.
-The Interior is not in great condition, particularly the door cards.
-The front passenger side electric window not working, I have tried to find out the root of this problem but have been unsuccessful.
-There Is a Chip on the front windscreen (offside left hand top corner) that Auto glass suggested to leave alone as it has been there for years and is not an MOT failure and windscreens for these cars are hard to come by.
-The front offside wing is affected by rust, as is the arch on the near side. The front door is very rusty on the bottom.
-There is water getting into the boot and it looks like it is coming from the roof. There is no visible tear so I am guessing it is just something like the seal under the spoiler.
-The rubbing strip trim is missing from drivers door.

It had £400 spent on various things on the MOT in 2011 and it has been driven throughout last summer without a problem. Although there are lots of faults, this is by no means a basket case.
I would like this car to go to either a Saab enthusiast or somebody who has the time and money to take this car back to its original glory. As mentioned earlier, this car belonged to a friend of mine - an E.L.O member, who sadly passed away in 2009. He would want this car to be used and restored rather than sat rotting into the ground, so although this is hard for me to do, this car really must go.

The car is located in Worcester, about 3 miles from Junction 7 of the M5.

If you would like to know any more please don't hesitate to contact me and i will be happy to help with any questions you may have.

Thank you for looking!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts