SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 1987 900 turbo. when i go to start it, it sounds like a belt is loose. it only does it untill i get moving and it stops. 90% of the time when i come to a stop, it starts again. i have talked to my grandfather and he says it might be the harmonic balancer. anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

also when i start going the front driver side wheel makes a gringing sound. and when i come to a stop it gets louder and and more corse sounding. any advice for that as well? thank you guys

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Sounds like harmonic balancer, wipe your hand down around there you may find bits of rubber dust everywhere. Or get a screwdriver and pry it and see if the center section has separated from the pulley section...

The grinding could be low brake pads, brake pads that get close to the metal make terrible rough low rumbling grinding sounds.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Sounds like harmonic balancer, wipe your hand down around there you may find bits of rubber dust everywhere. Or get a screwdriver and pry it and see if the center section has separated from the pulley section...

The grinding could be low brake pads, brake pads that get close to the metal make terrible rough low rumbling grinding sounds.
I second this. Easier to say that than typing it all down again.

PS There's just a chance than the wheel noise could be wheel bearing if not the brake pads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts