SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have tried searching for this topic but no luck. My 86 900 Turbo needs a new engine mount on the right hand side of the engine, right hand as from the drivers seat. I have also tried a general internet Youtube search but cant find any info. re this.
A couple of questions,
Can the mount be replaced without loosening the front and left side mounts?
Can the mount be replaced without removing the bracket it sits on that connects to the engine?

Thanks for any assistance.

Glenn

·
Registered
11,513 Posts
IMO the best approach here is to support the engine from underneath with a jack, remove all three nuts from the mount, then remove the two bolts from the bracket to the head. That will allow you to deform the lower bracket a bit. Jack the motor up a smidge, swap mounts, put it back together. This is a 20 minute operation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMO the best approach here is to support the engine from underneath with a jack, remove all three nuts from the mount, then remove the two bolts from the bracket to the head. That will allow you to deform the lower bracket a bit. Jack the motor up a smidge, swap mounts, put it back together. This is a 20 minute operation.
Thanks for the information, I'll do as you suggest. Need to order the mount from Pelican as no one in Australia seems to have stock.
Appreciate your quick response.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just one more question, when you jacked the engine did you remove the cross member so as to place the jack pad in the middle of the engine or place the rubber jack pad over the transmission drain plug?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use a thin piece of wood between the transmission and saddle.
I've tried your suggestions but I can't see any way to remove the mount unless both the engine brackets are completely removed. Both brackets sit on top of the mount and the centre bolt protrudes through them about 25mm. If I tried jacking the engine up far enough to clear that bolt it would probably destroy the left hand mount. Photo attached showing the brackets I mean. I undid bracket marked with one dot as you suggested but no way to get it over the centre bolt unless completely removed. Didn't try removing lower bracket [two dots]
Am I missing something?
Thanks.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts