SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I have been on the forum for a little while and thought I would post up my 86 turbo that I bought in December last year after years of searching for a silver/burgundy colour combination.

Its an early 1986 Aero (As we call them in Aus) SPG or T16s.

It has 426,000 original kms. Leather burgundy interior.

Since ownership I have sorted out the majority of the mechanical/electrical gremlins. You gotta love the swedes biodegradable wiring :lol:
Slowly replacing suspension bushes. It has Koni adjustables and soon to have lowered springs.

Im progressively bringing it back to its former glory with attention to bodywork next on the list.

Future plans are 2.5" exhaust, water injection and modify APC and possibly a new, similar size turbo but a ball bearing item.
Also have a 2000 9-5 Aero with BCB stage 2 as a family car.http://www.saabcentral.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys :)

Its certainly not perfect. The body work is letting it down a bit. But thats expected with a 30 year old car.

The tyres are 2 sizes too big so that is next on the list. Just trying to figure out which ones. Hoodlining needs replacing.

Im expecting lowered springs to arrive this week so hooefully ill install them over the weekend.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fitted the springs this weekend. Very happy with the overall look. I had sagged rear springs and the fronts had been replaced some time ago so the balance was all wrong.

I ended up going with Lovells sport low springs (Australian made sport springs). Bit of a gamble as I could not find a picture with them fitted to a c900.
Balance is now spot on. Im expecting them to settle in a bit more but overall they are great. Paired with Koni adjustables it handles very well.

Also did the vacuum advance capsule mod. Wow. Dont know why I waited so long to do this. Power delivery feels smoother and has reduced that lagging feeling.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Little update. Fitted new, correct size tyres to the c900 4 weeks ago.
They are Bridgestone Potenza RE003's. Very happy with the dry and wet grip they provide. Fantasic sport tyre.

Suspension has settled down a bit now.

The cat has been removed for now. I am keen to get a full 2.5" Simons exhaust but buying from overseas at the moment is hard as the dollar is considerably low.

Just about to hit 430,000km an the poor old girl is starting to show it :cry: Excessive blow by resulting in higher oil consumption and oil leaks. Gearbox is starting to whine slightly, more noticeable at start up. It still drives very strong though. Credit to the previous owners for a full service history!

6 months time It will be a complete rebuild of the engine and gearbox. May even get the body prepared for rust removal and respray. Good excuse while the engine is out. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.