SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I'm looking to get a 900 SPG. I love these old Saabs and finally found one near me in decent shape.

The only issue is this one is a bit older with the flat-nosed design, that I don't love, compared to the updated 87+ slant-nosed design.

I found a thread on here that says that a conversion/update is possible, but none of the pictures load anymore and I didn't find any actual "confirmation" that this is possible.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Funny, I've got an 89 and I prefer the earlier nose. If you decide to convert drop me a PM and we can talk about swapping parts if you're interested.

Not sure about the details of the conversion, but I'm reasonably certain it is possible.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
All the bodies are the same... if it works on one, it works on another. To do it, you need all the lights, the grill, the bumper, the bumper extensions, and to make series of ultimately pretty obvious changes to the wiring. In 2019, this "upgrade" is a big downgrade... modern sealed beam lights (and their replacements) are infinitely better than the US-spec composites. Plus, you can still *buy* the sealed beams, so there's that. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts