SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I will start out by saying that I am new to this forum. I have always loved Saabs and I now have a couple of questions about one in particular that is for sale right now. I've never owned a Saab before. The car in question is a 1971 Saab 96 V4. The first question I have is: Are parts for this car readily available and is the car easy to work on? I have never owned a vintage car before and I would really like to be able to have a car that I can work on and also something that has some character. I've also never worked on a car before but I have a friend who has a lot of experience and is willing to help me out with what ever car I choose to get. I was also debating whether this car would be driven in the winter as it will make it wear out a lot faster. I feel that because it is a car of Scandinavian Heritage that it is meant for winter driving. I live in Maine and the salt that is put on the roads is awful for cars. Do these cars rust out quickly? From what I've heard, these cars seem pretty hearty and reliable for older cars.

Thanks!:)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.