SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I just bought a "barn find" 1968 SAAB 96 Deluxe. It's been in a shed since 1982 and is in nice and patina'd condition. :) It even came with proper SAAB AC, although it's not fitted and is in the trunk.

Anyway, I need some parts. And how the heck do you release the back brakes??? I managed to free the driver's side, but the passenger side is seized solid and now the nut is stripped. Darn.

Does anybody have the following parts:

1) Rear taillight lens, left hand side.
2) Passenger door mirror.
3) Expansion tank.

The car also did not come with any keys. Local locksmith is quoting over $250 to make new keys. Does the ignition key usually match the doors, rear truck and gas cap?

Thanks in advance for any info and/or help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks,

I just bought a "barn find" 1968 SAAB 96 Deluxe. It's been in a shed since 1982 and is in nice and patina'd condition. :) It even came with proper SAAB AC, although it's not fitted and is in the trunk.

Anyway, I need some parts. And how the heck do you release the back brakes??? I managed to free the driver's side, but the passenger side is seized solid and now the nut is stripped. Darn.

3) Expansion tank.

The car also did not come with any keys. Local locksmith is quoting over $250 to make new keys. Does the ignition key usually match the doors, rear truck and gas cap?

on my 1972 96 key did ignition, doors, trunk, but gas cap was different smaller key

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,469 Posts
Hi folks,

3) Expansion tank.

The rear brakes have an adjuster that uses a pipe plug socket (3/8” I believe) to turn it. If you’ve stripped it, Skandix sells replacements.

The VSCNA membership usually has spare 96 parts available, especially Don Levesque: http://www.vintagesaabclub.org/classifieds.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts