SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a Saab 95 v4 and I’m trying to get a radio wired in the glove box does anyone have a suggestion on how to do this

·
Super Moderator
1,468 Posts
Hi I have a Saab 95 v4 and I’m trying to get a radio wired in the glove box does anyone have a suggestion on how to do this
What kind of radio are we talking about? In a ‘68, I’d guess the OEM radio was literally just that... an AM radio. In that case, really easy. You would just need power, ground, speaker wire connections, maybe antenna. But the more complex the system, the more wiring involved.

You may also want to check in the Audio forum too:
https://www.saabcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=138

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion the wiring wasn’t my problem (your suggestion was helpful) the issue I have is mounting the stupid thing in the cardboard glovebox

·
Super Moderator
1,468 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion the wiring wasn’t my problem (your suggestion was helpful) the issue I have is mounting the stupid thing in the cardboard glovebox
I’d imagine you would need to fabricate a metal support bracket or sleeve. That way you can secure the radio inside the glovebox.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can't speak for a 1968, but my 1974 has a glove box door about 4" tall and a foot wide. There is a hole cut into the left side of the door. The cardboard box is on the right side while the radio is on the left, both are covered by the door but choosing the radio option they punch out the left side of the door which opens and closes while the radio doesn't move.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts