SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I thought I'd share a recent barn find made by my father - an old 95 delivery van. The delivery vans were produced in limited numbers, and mainly exported to Denmark and Norway.
While searching the web we have found a few shortnose delivery vans, and a few V4s, but so far we haven't found any pictures or information regarding other surviving longnose 2-strokes. We would be interrested to hear from you if you know of any others in existance.

About the car:
Model: Saab 95 Longnose Delivery van
Year: 1966
Engine: 3 cylinder 46hp 2-stroke tripple carburator
The car has been stoved away in a barn for the last 39 years, and was in pretty good condition when it was found.

I'll attach some pictures to this post so you can have a look at it.
What do you think of this unusual find?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,794 Posts
Awesome.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Here in Finland Posti Tele (telephone and postal service company, owned by goverment) used these delivery vans also as engineer's service vans.

·
Super Moderator
1,730 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,794 Posts
I think it was found in good condition but this is what it looks like now in their garage after restoration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it was found in good condition but this is what it looks like now in their garage after restoration.
You're absolutely right Diggs. I can see now how the original post can be missleading in that regard. The car has been resprayed, some minor bodywork has been done, the engine has been restored, breaks have been replaced. The floor in the back has also been replaced, but other then that the interior is untouched (seats were covered in three layers of covers).

The restoration is still in process, but it's come a long way during the 4 months my father has owned the car (was picked up in the end of October)

Here's a somewhat blurry photo of when the car was taken out of the barn.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,221 Posts
Hello,

I thought I'd share a recent barn find made by my father - an old 95 delivery van. The delivery vans were produced in limited numbers, and mainly exported to Denmark and Norway.
While searching the web we have found a few shortnose delivery vans, and a few V4s, but so far we haven't found any pictures or information regarding other surviving longnose 2-strokes. We would be interrested to hear from you if you know of any others in existance.

About the car:
Model: Saab 95 Longnose Delivery van
Year: 1966
Engine: 3 cylinder 46hp 2-stroke tripple carburator
The car has been stoved away in a barn for the last 39 years, and was in pretty good condition when it was found.

I'll attach some pictures to this post so you can have a look at it.
What do you think of this unusual find?
bumped it to the end lol. such a nice deal

·
Registered
120 Posts
Beautiful car.

I always wanted to know how does one find stuff in somebody's barn? I mean, do you just walk up to the owner when you see a barn on their property, and ask them if you can look around in there? :)

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,221 Posts
Happenstance.

I was at Barber Motorsports Park (more than) a few years ago, when it first opened. Amazing facility, smart guy Barber, built the track and gave it to the city. So it will keep going , I am sure.

Anyway, I took time out for some reason and went driving, and about 45 minutes away from the track and away from town, on a back road I could not even tell you how I got there, happened on a derelict garage/gas station no longer. With a couple of old cars parked outside. Stopped, nosed around, and knocked on a door and talked to a guy who showed me inside the "barn like " structure, a collection of incredible old NASCAR race cars etc. Unrestored etc.

If I had a smart phone back then I would have taken pictures and posted them on the internet lol

It has to be something like that. Happenstance, my guess.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts