Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Name:
James Lamkin
Means of contact:
[email protected]
Price:
$7,000 or Best Offer
Description:
1961 Saab 96 2-stroke 3 cylinder mostly original, engine was swapped out by previous owner from a 850cc to 750cc from an earlier model Saab. Other parts, such as the hood have also be swapped (guessing by a different color under the present white hood). Car is in running condition and has been garaged since I purchased it in 1987. There is some minor defects, it could use a repainting some day, but over all is in very good condition for a 50 + year old car. There is some pitting on the front chrome bumper and a corrosion hole in each top corner of the rear bumper. Manual Transmission 3 speed on the tree. There were 27,099 of these built in 1961, not sure how many are surviving? This car can be considered fairly rare, a model you probably will not commonly see on the highway! Odometer show 61,+++ miles but as noted it is not the original engine. Own a Classic!
Pictures:

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Any bites, yet? If we hadn't just had our daughter born, I would snap this up in a hurry! Best of luck on the sale! (P.S. I get first dibs on the Sonett if you decide to sell it...)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations!

Congratulations on having your daughter, we were thinking she was about due! No, no bites. I sold the turbo for $4900 to someone in California, it was trucked almost immediately, he is replacing the fuel injectors (he found they were clogged, cleaning them worked but he wanted new ones. He is also replacing all the brake calipers) It sounds like he will take very good care of it. Thanks, stay in touch! James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts