SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok all, I'm looking at a set of 18 x 8 et42 wheels (likely fitted with 225/40/18). How will this fit on the 07 9-3? Are there any fitment issues with this set up?

What kind of spacers will I need to bring the wheels flush with the fenders?

As of right now I'm stock suspension but will be going the Koni & Eibach (or Vogtland) route.

Thank you all for the input here.

·
Super Moderator
18,811 Posts
no fitment issues. buy the wheels. put them on. post pics. we'll recommend some spacers.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no fitment issues. buy the wheels. put them on. post pics. we'll recommend some spacers.
Damn...just that simple? For some reason in my head, wheels with an offset of 42 are making me think they're sitting so deep inside the wheel well that they might as well be in the back seat.

·
Super Moderator
18,811 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You gotta stop asking the same question over and over again bro. Do what Diggs said and we'll go from there.
I don't feel that I'm asking the same question at all. In fact, I feel as though I'm following your advice. The question was posted to the forum, it was meant to be directed to you if you took it that way.

·
Super Moderator
9,235 Posts
I don't feel that I'm asking the same question at all. In fact, I feel as though I'm following your advice. The question was posted to the forum, it was meant to be directed to you if you took it that way.
Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as harsh. Just encouraging you to take a leap of faith!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as harsh. Just encouraging you to take a leap of faith!
All good and certainly fair. I also feel that I should just take a leap of faith though I'm not one for making an expensive uneducated leap.

·
Super Moderator
18,811 Posts
Why not post up the wheels and specs for us to look at?

·
Super Moderator
18,811 Posts
Ok, then they are known to fit just fine. You don't need the spacers to run the wheels so put the wheels on then decide what spacers you want.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
May I suggest 235/40/18 for tires and as said before, they fit fine with no spacers but you will want 15mm front and rear to get them out flush, you might even be able to do 20mm in the rear but I didn't want to rub if I put 3 people in my back seat.

I have H&R Springs and Koni Yellows

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Stop it, Jeff. Just stop ! It's a crime that your 9-3 looks so dang good ! :cool:

LOL sorry!!!

I was out driving it around all weekend too, she is fun to drive :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
6 Participants
Capriman86
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing