SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im considering buying some 18" dart wheels for my 2007 9-3. I need new tires anyways. I'm considering either buying some winter tires for my stick 17"s or going with the 18" darts

Do u guys think ride quality will be effected? gas mileage? Or will it throw off the odometer or will it not make that big of a difference? Any suggestions to help me make a decision will be appreciated

·
Registered
528 Posts
If you keep total diameter the same, your odo will be OK. you can go +/- 3% without expecting problems. Ride will be a bit less comfortable but handling should be improved, depending on the tires you opt for (a 17" Michelin Pilot SuperSport will outperform a poor 18"). Make sure you get the proper centering ring (Hub for Saabs = 65,1. Dodge I dont know...). both bolt patterns are 5X110 (rare wheels to find... weird choice from dodge probably because dart is a rebadged alfa giulietta)

check
http://rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp
and play arround with different tire sizes to see what matches your original offset/diameter etc. I used this site with success a couple of times.

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
im considering buying some 18" dart wheels for my 2007 9-3. I need new tires anyways. I'm considering either buying some winter tires for my stick 17"s or going with the 18" darts

Do u guys think ride quality will be effected? gas mileage? Or will it throw off the odometer or will it not make that big of a difference? Any suggestions to help me make a decision will be appreciated

If you keep total diameter the same, your odo will be OK. you can go +/- 3% without expecting problems. Ride will be a bit less comfortable but handling should be improved, depending on the tires you opt for (a 17" Michelin Pilot SuperSport will outperform a poor 18"). Make sure you get the proper centering ring (Hub for Saabs = 65,1. Dodge I dont know...). both bolt patterns are 5X110 (rare wheels to find... weird choice from dodge probably because dart is a rebadged alfa giulietta)

check
and play arround with different tire sizes to see what matches your original offset/diameter etc. I used this site with success a couple of times.
You're good on the Dart's wheels ...... same hub bore:

http://www.wheelfitment.eu/car/Saab/9-3 (2003 - 2012).html

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all relplys, is it ok though that the dart has an offset of 41 and the 9-3 has an offset of 49

·
Super Moderator
18,817 Posts
Thanks for all relplys, is it ok though that the dart has an offset of 41 and the 9-3 has an offset of 49
Yes. It will look much better in the rear actually.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

check

The tire size that come on these dart are 225/40/18 so does that keep the diameter the same that you were talking about? To keep the speedo in sync and all There shouldn't be any rubbing should there be?

·
Registered
528 Posts
The tire size that come on these dart are 225/40/18 so does that keep the diameter the same that you were talking about? To keep the speedo in sync and all There shouldn't be any rubbing should there be?
what is the tire size on your car now?

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
In currently running 235/45/17
based on the info you provided the dart wheels with current tires will be tucked in 5 mm more, will clear suspension components more by 5 mm (10 mm less width), will be 1,2% smaller (will read faster on your speedo). You will be fine with this setup and you can always choose a different tire size when you change to get a closer to stock fitment. You could for exemple easily go to a 245 tire without issues.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Lets see some pics!!! I'm thinking the same too...we're all in different parts of the world so highly unlikely we cross paths :cheesy:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lets see some pics!!! I'm thinking the same too...we're all in different parts of the world so highly unlikely we cross paths :cheesy:
I never did end up going with the dart wheels although I still may in the future. I really like those ones. Instead I just bought a new set of tires for my 17" stock rims

I would like to see some pics myself if anyone has any.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Saab 9-3 with Dart Wheels

Looks Great!!! Plus, it's an OEM wheel, versus an aftermarket brand. The Saab center caps looks great on them as well.;ol;

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
12 Participants
Riceandbike
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing