Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Name: Chris

Location - additional details: Saratoga Springs NY

Means of contact: Email - [email protected] put " OZ Rims" in the subject.

Price: 800$

Description:
I have 4 17x8 OZ allegerita HLT italian made lightweight rims. coming in at right around 16lbs each. They are wrapped in continental extreme contact DW tires.

Rims are 5x110 bolt pattern, with 40mm backspacing, tires are 225/45 - 17
1 rim or tire does not hold air. Can't tell which one it is. After about 35PSI you can hear a hiss near the outer rim/tire mating surface.

I would like to get 800 for these. they are 2 years old and when i bought these brand new the total was over $2400. Local pickup preferred
i can also throw in a tire storage tote + tire storage felts to make the deal better.

I had these on my '01 9-3 with the KONI suspension kit without rubbing.

Pictures:
http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/Soccr10freek/library/2014?sort=3&page=1 <-- pictures of the tires and rims before cleaning, along with the kurgo tire felt and cover kit.

Pitcures in attachments are after cleaning.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Could you clarify the comment about the puncture? I'm assuming "threaded" is a typo for tread but want to confirm if the puncture in the tread or sidewall. Has it been plugged and does it hold air?

Also any pictures of these on the car?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the lack of clarification.
Yes - i did mean treaded (where tire meets road) for location of the puncture.
I have not attempted to plug or seal this leak since when this happened I took off my summer set and put on my winter set of wheels and tires.
the puncture is so small you can't see it with your eyes, but you can hear a slight hiss when the tire is inflated over ~35 PSI of air. That being said, it does not hold more than about 35 PSI of air.

I'll see if I had any pictures saved of these on the car. I had a silver 01 9-3 and I thought it looked quite well with the set on

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok great. I can check the pressure level when the hiss starts again today and see if i can get a good picture of where the leak is for you.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just checked the rim, and it seems that right about after 35psi the hiss comes from the outer face of the rim/tire area. I assumed i ran over glass to make this leak, but it seems like it could possibly be the rim or tire. Apologies for the wrong info earlier, this is the first time i really dug into the leak, checking the rim and tire off of the car. Initially it seemed like it was coming from the treaded area, but I can't hear any hissing coming from the treaded area.

Initial item description is edited in 1st post to reflect the leak area (tire/rim area, rather than treaded area).

·
Registered
600 Posts
rub soapy water over the wheel and tire and inflate. it will show where your leak is at. Not interested in the wheels, but they look clean!!

GLWS

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So - Just inflated and put soapy water on the treaded section and rim/tire mating face. no air bubbles around the treaded area, but 1 small section ~(1/2") right where the tire and rim meet that produces bubbles.
Probably a bend - only on the outside face of the rim/tire. So the tire is good, but rim is most likely bad..
Anyone know recommended ways to get rid of this? Can it be professionally straightened for fairly cheap?

·
Registered
356 Posts
It could very well just be dirty. Have a tire shop take it off the rim and clean it. They can also put bead sealer on it. If your rim was bent, even slightly, you should have noticed a vibration

·
Registered
797 Posts
It could very well just be dirty. Have a tire shop take it off the rim and clean it. They can also put bead sealer on it. If your rim was bent, even slightly, you should have noticed a vibration
Agreed, I think assuming a bent rim is jumping to conclusions. You'd need a pretty severe bend (or a really ill fitting tire) to have a bend cause a leak. More likely is a bad seal at the bead, could be a little dirt or debris in there or some rubber flash on the tire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.