SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that most of you drive with 17 '' wheels or bigger.Now i have opportunity to buy original 17 Saab rims-except of financiall loses :cheesy: for new tyres will i gain any performance in roadholdig or just will loose some comfort because low profile tyres.I like the view but is it only look or no?:roll:

·
Banned
318 Posts
DoctorPhill said:
I know that most of you drive with 17 '' wheels or bigger.Now i have opportunity to buy original 17 Saab rims-except of financiall loses :cheesy: for new tyres will i gain any performance in roadholdig or just will loose some comfort because low profile tyres.I like the view but is it only look or no?:roll:
Hi,

I'm personally a bit conservative, so I drive 7,5 x 17" Saab wheels with 235/45 tyres. I don't like to waste performance on heavy wheels, so I find 17" to be the perfect choice.

A set of ultralight 18" wheels, like BBS RK or Hirsch, would be the only alternative for me. 16" simply sacrifices too much road holding.

Best regards,

KK

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I allways love this one and if there are few cents left in my banc account after LSD i'll take them:roll:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I upgraded my 2002 Aero wheels to 2004 Aero wheels and really like the Factory 17" wheels of the 2004 model. I like the performance of the 2004 wheels and I run Michelin top of line performance tires also. I would recommend the upgrade to 17" factory Aero wheels. I would highly recommend the Michelin tires as they have the lip on the tire which protects the wheels in the event of a blow out which I had last month on the interstate. Wheel was not damaged at all. Good Luck :)

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

They are in powdercoater now:lol:.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Personally I think that 17" wheels with 225/45 or 235/45 tyres are perfect combination of performance (of course with good tyres) and comfort. 18" wheels are little bit less comfortable, but looks cool for me. I will take 18" in the future because of look :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
attim
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing