SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will these rims fit? Are they any good? I currenty have the stock telladega rims on..

17" Borbet rims, design cc 5 bolt pattern
Rim Width:8j
Offset: 35

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Borbet rims are pretty solid contenders. I used to have a set of Borbet type B 16s on my 99 before I sold it; and they were quite solid.

The issue you have here is what is the bolt pattern? You say 5 bolt; but Borbet makes many 5 bolt patterns ;) To fit the Saab (properly at least) you need a 5 X 110 bolt pattern on the rim.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Well; according to some around here you can make that bolt pattern fit fine; but I don't know for sure how it would work. Some type of modified lug bolt is needed I believe?

Someone else can likely provide more info on that portion. the other thing you want to check on though is what the hub or inner diameter of the wheel is. If it is larger than your Saab hub you'll need to use centering rings as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok... I talked to the seller and he replied with:

"Hi, I just measured the inner diameter of the wheel. The measurement is designed inconsistently ranging from 15 3/4" towards the front of the rim to 16 3/4" at the rear of the rim. I think if you go to tirerack website you may be able to input the make/model of your Saab and compare specs of these rims..."

Can someone please confirm that these wheels will fit before I shell out $300 and drive 150 miles each way to get them:)

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
romberg2 said:
Will these rims fit? Are they any good? I currenty have the stock telladega rims on..

17" Borbet rims, design cc 5 bolt pattern
Rim Width:8j
Offset: 35

I had some rubbing issues with 37mm offset and 7.5 wide rims so I downsized to 215 tyres [from 225 that I started with] and this was better. FYI I have also ran a 900 with Borbet 18" wheels, thes were 8" wide but with an offset of 40mm, these tucked under the arches OK.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts