SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, search isnt working for me and I need the tire measurements for the OEM 17" aero kingon wheel.. would it be 225/45/17? Any help would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Yes thats the correct size, only the very latest 9-5 have a wider tyre :confused:

G

·
Chris 9-5 said:
Yes thats the correct size, only the very latest 9-5 have a wider tyre :confused:
I have 2006 wheels with 235/45R17 on my 2001 and they fit great as well. I did the calculation and it ends up almost exactly the same diameter as the 215/55R16 tires that were on there.

G

·
I've been trying to figure out what is a good width tire for a 17x8" rim. (OEM Saab, 3 on 3 spoke... 6 spokes, but offset, three large, three small)

Is 235 a healthy width for an 8" wide rim?

Thanks!!

G

·
CODE, welcome to the forum. Saab doesn't make a 17x8 wheel. If you're referring to this wheel below, it's 17x7 and a good tire size for those are 225/45.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Get prepared for high prices, 16inch wheels with the same tyres can be 40% less.

I'm going through this right now.

tirerack.com is your friend.

G

·
Yes, tirerack.com is my friend! I only wish they were Canadian!!

I am hoping to make my car look a little beafier and thought to go with 235's. I am quite attracted to the above pictured 6 spoke rims, and was wondering if 235's will fit (reasonably well) on a 7" rim?

(a rim dealer is telling me they are 8"!! meatballs!!)

Thanks for your thoughts and experiences!!

DaveH.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts