SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would welcome a quick opinion on whether an auto 2.3 turbo with 166k , good history is just a little long in the tooth for another 50k - may have a chance of the car & would like an opinion - any special points to watch ? - does have ful history.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
If the car is looked after it should last more than that, some people have 9000's with monster milages (my own has done a paltry 150k). I guess you have read the post above about buying an auto, follow that post's methods of testing to check that the auto is working as it should, the FAQ post gives you an idea of the common problems these cars throw up. As with any car there is an element of luck invoved but SAABs last better than most, and sometimes a high milage car is fitter than one that has only been used for short journies. You don't say what year it is, :D

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Mileage should not be a problem. Check everyhting carefully (as you would with any car) and study the service hstory. If regular oil changes have been/will be made you will get well over the 50k you're looking for.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

Bought a 2.3 LPT auto on about 100,000 or so miles 3 years ago, done nothing more than routine transmission fluid changes to the box and it's now on 207,000 miles with no change in the quality of shifting up or down.

I've even added the stage one upgrade and nothing has gone bang yet.

Just as the others say, as long as it's in good condition now, you shouldn't need to worry about getting loads of life out of the auto box.

absgt
1997 9000 2.3 LPT Anniversary auto - stage one

1 - 4 of 4 Posts