SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for the group... will 16" steel wheels (16X6.5) fit on my '07 9-3 Aero? The stock tires (235/45-17) are killing me in the snow. I have an old set of snows (215/55-16) but am not sure if a 16" steel wheel will fit over the brake calipers. Tirerack says yes, but they have been wrong in the past (and I had to ship it all back). Anyone know? (Thanks in advance)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
They fit, that is what the dealer provides as a winter tire for my car and your tire size is bang on....

It is a huge difference.....night and day. :)

Paul

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just fitted my 16inch Steels to my 07 Aero at the weekend. Fit fine, although those front calipers sure are bigger than the ones on my 04!

Agreed that the stock all-season tyres are not great in snow, or even in the dry - wish they had stuck with summer performance tyres.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
cddakin said:
Just fitted my 16inch Steels to my 07 Aero at the weekend. Fit fine, although those front calipers sure are bigger than the ones on my 04!

Agreed that the stock all-season tyres are not great in snow, or even in the dry - wish they had stuck with summer performance tyres.
Back in 2003 they did. The stopping performance of the car was much better as a result.

·
Registered
110 Posts
SMHarman said:
Back in 2003 they did. The stopping performance of the car was much better as a result.
Yeah, I had the Pirellis on my 2004 Aero and loved them. The car stopped better, went round corners faster and was more fun at the limit. Think that if I get a third 9-3, I will just cough up the cash for a set performance rubber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts