SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Teckniec1999 9-5V6 said:
Well funny thing happened I reset my ecu to see if a CEL would clear and not only does my car seem to be noticeably faster but I've driven about 70mi since then and my gas needle has barely moved. I've been driving pretty aggressively due to this new performance I'm enjoying :) and so far my MPG seems better I'm not exactly sure what happened but I'm happy. I also got my new plugs in air filter I've yet to put in. The only bad thing is the CEL light came back so I still gotta take my car in :(
CEL could tell you why your getting bad mileage... :confused:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I had my AC fixed after the light came on and after I picked up my car I noticed the light was still on and when I asked the guy about it. He said that a flap is stuck open that supposed to heat up the exhuast or something like that. He said it wasn't a big deal and I can get it fixed whenever. I still need get it fixed though in case the light comes on for something more serious.

·
Registered
236 Posts
hmmm, I have gotten 9.5-12mpg in my 2000 Aero (4cyl) since new. Nothing has helped, I think it may just be a fact of life with these cars. I have heard people get 30mpg with lots of upgrades, but I have done simple things (including an intake) and it has not changed. Anyway, best of luck!

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
12mpg :eek:

Thats just not right :nono;

I get (custom tune with uprated fuel pump and injectors)30 in town and 45 on a run (UK gallons) I am currently driving a Stage 1 tuned car and getting 28 round town.

Admittedly the 2.0 with manual box is the most economical, but 12 :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
GeminiMoods said:
hmmm, I have gotten 9.5-12mpg in my 2000 Aero (4cyl) since new. Nothing has helped, I think it may just be a fact of life with these cars. I have heard people get 30mpg with lots of upgrades, but I have done simple things (including an intake) and it has not changed. Anyway, best of luck!

Well that makes me feel better about myself I guess lol, There has to be something wrong you should be getting alot better then that

·
Registered
236 Posts
No, there is nothing wrong. I have had this car since new, and that is what I get. No one can find anything wrong, and it runs beautifully (gets all the fuel in the world though, so I guess that's no suprise :p .) I could drive it a little softer and improve on that a little bit though, but the car was meant as a performance car, so that is how I will treat it! :cheesy:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Good point. Its hard for me to lay off the pedal as well, I don't think I have this problem if people moved their *butts* out of the way.lol

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
I have a 2000 Aero and I get up to 35 mpg on the freeway stock.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I just installed my open air kit today. I finally got to hear that sound everyone talks about it sounds so cool. It was a pain to install for me at least. I had to saw off the snorkel from the air box (Clamp was rusted something fierce:evil:), and buy some metric tools lol (Swedish car duh;oops:)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts