Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name:Joe

Means of contact: PM on SC

Price: N/A

Transmission Type (auto/manual): N/A

Mileage (miles/kms): N/A

Description: WTB 15mm hub centric wheel spacer set of four (for 9-3), and accompanying extended lug bolts.

Pictures (embedded pics or links to external albums are mandatory): N/A

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
I think I have both, do you still need the bolts as well as the spacers? My spacers are not hub centric so you will need to by rings (cheap on amazon)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm hesitant to buy spacers that are not hub-centric. Can you clarify what you're talking about with the rings?

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Diggs, I appreciated the feedback on those.

I picked up a set of 18" Solstice wheels, and they run a high negative offset, so a 245 rubs on the strut. I want a little extra clearance in there.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts
Perhaps a 8-10mm spacer will work? Then you can run stock bolts. Won't need to worry about hubcenteric as it's just a ring and you mount to car's hub. Should be cheap enough to try.

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts
Also, would recommend this site for playing around:

https://www.willtheyfit.com/

Put in OEM spec and your new specs. You know it rubs so it needs to come out, but how far? Too far and they will poke (ugly) and fling **** down side of car (bad).

I'm guessing yours is this?

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...ct2=45&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=8&offset2=55

Also be aware if you go too far out you will rub the fender if lowered. A 15 should be fine for the front. Looks like your wheel face is spot on with OEM so if you want front and back to match would need to go further out in rear. Again depending on lowered or not this might cause rubbing issues.

25mm spacer

·
Registered
9,358 Posts
Perhaps a 8-10mm spacer will work? Then you can run stock bolts. Won't need to worry about hubcenteric as it's just a ring and you mount to car's hub. Should be cheap enough to try.

I think that will leave too few threads of the lug bolts engaged. 10mm is going to be about 6 full threads (or turns) taken away (1.75mm thread pitch).

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm pretty sure I'll need a 15mm. The 25mm will be excessive, and would definitely cause what you describe above. The change in offset moves the centerline of the wheel in on the car about half an inch. The added width of the wheel moves the face of the wheel back to where it belongs, but it does mean that the inner edge of the wheel is now 1" closer to the strut overall, and by that I mean... The tire physically touches the strut when bolted up. I can rotate it by hand, so it's not excessive, but, I definitely need some more clearance.

I'll have to poke around, and see what I can find. Thanks for the info on that ebay set.

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts

·
Registered
9,358 Posts
Chamfer. That's what it's called. Learned a new word today. The chamfer is wrong on those spacers.
15mm is in a zone where it's very hard for me to imagine how the spacers could possibly work.

10mm or less, you still have the hub centre sticking out past the spacer, so your wheels will be hubcentric (maybe marginally so).

20mm+, the spacer is thick enough to swallow the hub's centre, and substitute its own on top. There is also adequate space for countersunk bolt heads to attach the spacer to the hub, and enough threads for wheel bolts to screw into the spacer.

15mm is too thick for the first scenario, and not thick enough for the second. That results in suffering for the sake of fashion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts