SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Need help for a problem that has me stumped.

I am trying to follow (saba & the many other forums post) instructions on adding an amp to power 6x9's in the rear deck, but I am having a MAJOR issue with the amp not turning on! (btw, the amp is functional as I have tested it in another vehicle.)

I have run a multimeter across the AMP2 red line, fuse 22, & fuse 8 and they all read 12V when the car is off, but the second I put the car into the ON position the voltage drops to almost 0V. I am using the ground suggested in Saba's instructions.

Has anyone else run across the problem? solution?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
hmmm, not really sure about that, but try a different source that will have power with the key in the ON position, thats what you want. the way you are wiring it will drain the battery when the car is off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just added the 6x9's on my car using the fuse panel in the trunk. Main power, I used the 30amp fuse #22 labeled ampIII. Use it only if your amp draws 30amp or less, otherwise come off the battery. For the remote I used 7.5 amp #17 labeled autodimming rearview mirror. Works perfectly . Sub only works when car is running. Hope this helps. Use your manual if you have one to verify these fuses. I have a 2004 Arc convertible, so it may be different on your ride.:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mikey9864 said:
I just added the 6x9's on my car using the fuse panel in the trunk. Main power, I used the 30amp fuse #22 labeled ampIII. Use it only if your amp draws 30amp or less, otherwise come off the battery. For the remote I used 7.5 amp #17 labeled autodimming rearview mirror. Works perfectly . Sub only works when car is running. Hope this helps. Use your manual if you have one to verify these fuses. I have a 2004 Arc convertible, so it may be different on your ride.:D
Thanks mikey9864.
Im so confused..since I actually have tried fuse #22 for power and fuse #17 RTO with no luck. Couple of questions for you?

Where did you run your ground?

Also, Ive read a few posts concerning "a preferred side of fuse 22" does it matter?

Do you think you could post a pic of fuse box setup? I think between Saba's instructions and other peoples post, I'm missing 1 piece of the puzzle.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ran the ground to the bolt that is almost directly in front of the fuse panel on the bottom of the trunk. Same place as JLa. I tapped in on the fused side (bottom of both the fuses)22 and 17. That way the amp is double fused. Does not really matter though.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~mmo/Docs/Add%20external%20amplifier.doc
Rember, the car must be running for this setup to work. Do you have a manual? You need to make sure these are the same fuses on your car as they are on mine for it to work. Amp will not work unless the car is in the RUNNING postion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts