SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

The 12v accessory plug under my armrest suddenly stopped working, and I'm at the loss to figure out what happened. I use it to recharge my phone and power my music player.

I checked the fuses, but there is only one (#22 in the interior panel) marked "lighter". Looked fine, replaced with another 30A fuse anyways. Nothing.

Any idea if its under another fuse listing? Everything else seems to be fine...

All suggestions appreciated!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fixed it! Its fuse #10 (middle row, top fuse 30A). Apparently, SAAB updated the manual. My hard copy lists this as the trailer socket, but the online version also states "electrical socket between seats." Hopefully, this helps someone else!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fixed it! Its fuse #10 (middle row, top fuse 30A). Apparently, SAAB updated the manual. My hard copy lists this as the trailer socket, but the online version also states "electrical socket between seats." Hopefully, this helps someone else!
lol dang, i pulled fuse 22 then i fished out the pennies that the previous owner stuck in there of course they had been arching and partially melted.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Mine quit about six years ago and I gave up trying to figure out why. Luckily the lighter in the dash still works.

·
Registered
313 Posts
what about the light? the one in my dash doesn't work(green light) and the one in the arm rest does not either(white light).

·
Super Moderator
9,709 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Small world - I had the same problem and turned out to be a shorted 30A fuse in position #10 too - all good now! Oddly I thought is was OE only to find the fuses are in upside down ;oops:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Replacement Outlet for center console

I have a 2008 9-3 convertible, and also blew the number 10 fuse. The outlet still isn't working, and I'd like to swap it out with a new "lighter" type outlet. Does anyone know of a good replacement for the center console? Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Zoro part number G0474704. Just do a page search with that number.
Hey thanks for the tip. I ordered 2 bulbs, one for the center armrest and one for the cigarette lighter up front. The 12V works fine but the bulbs are gone.

I was able to pull out the "ashtray" part and unplug the back, but I can't get to remove the bulb from it's green plastic sleeve! It feels like i'm missing a clip to pull or something. Here is a photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
I haven't done this - but a good enough picture to make a good guess:
The bulb and socket are snapped on the side of the "light ring". Spread the green tabs near the top to remove the green bulb and socket assembly.
But you may not need to do that to just replace the bulb (incandescent or led does not matter).
First confirm you can't just twist the spade connector to remove the socket and bulb. If that doesn't work then those black tabs sticking through the green cylinder near the bottom will be key. This black section is the bulb and socket. Using some small picks or screwdrivers push the black tabs in and pull on the male spade connector. You might also try to insert a small pick or screwdriver from beneath (parallel with the spade terminal - essentially between the black socket and green housing). There are probably 2 tabs - one on each side. Gentle and firm prying and pulling will get the socket to pop out the bottom. Put your new bulb in (and test it - leds are particular about polarity). Then push the socket and bulb back into the green assembly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No fuse terminals to connect to

My armrest socket doesn't work either. I bought a 30A fuse, but the fuse socket doesn't have any terminals/connectors. Is there a simple way around this for a non techie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts