SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel silly asking this, but 1 of the 5 wheel nuts on each wheel is a different shape to the others.

4 of them are hexagon shape which I can take off. The 5th is a round shape which I don't how to take off?

It's the same on all 4 wheels.

Automotive tire Light Wheel Motor vehicle Rim

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yea its a wheel lock. If you don't have the key it is sometimes possible to find the correct one online, or go through the headache of drilling them out

Reactions: Fkiani

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh the car came with a wheel lock but the shape of the lock suggests there should be a flower shape engraved on the face of the nut.

As you can see from the pic, the face of the nut is flat so the lock doesn't work. Strange!

Not sure if it's the wrong lock or the nut has worn out or something...

Guess i'll have to drill it out :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Issue is that the car has no MOT or road tax.

I find it strange that the car came with the wrong key! I've contacted the previous owner to see if he has the right one.

·
Super Moderator
3,064 Posts
Issue is that the car has no MOT or road tax.

I find it strange that the car came with the wrong key! I've contacted the previous owner to see if he has the right one.
Are you sure the wheel lock doesn't fit? We actually refer to that style of wheel lock as "the flower style".

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you sure the wheel lock doesn't fit? We actually refer to that style of wheel lock as "the flower style".
Definitely doesn't fit.

I managed to get them off in the end by hammering on a 12 point socket.

Luckily the socket come off with a bit of hammering so managed to get all 4 off with 1 socket.

I must admit that the alloys took a bit of a beating as my aim was a bit off! Not a big deal though as I'll be refurbishing them anyways..

The locks are going straight in the bin!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts