SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
i'm new from here, and i've a 9.3 tid vector 150hp from 4 month (10k km at now).
I would ask to others TID 150 hp owners, if the engine behaviour is the same of that in my car.
Where the Air Condition is turned on, the engine under 2000 r/min, is very slow to accelerate....is not pleasant to drive in this condition.

My question:
1) does this behaviour is the same in all tid 150hp ?
2) are there some new and 'official saab' engine map available, in order to solve this ?

thks
fabrizio

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm from germany and I have the same problem. someone told me that the compressor is deactivating itself during full throttle but I can't feel this. the acceleration is relatively weak with active conditioning.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
All cars lose power when accessories such as air conditioning are active. The loss is lessened during wide-open throttle (overtaking, for example) by the car's computer shutting off the compressor when you're accelerating.

But when you're under 2000 rpm, then you're probably below the car's peak powerband, even for a diesel, which delivers good torque at relatively low rpm. Downshift if you have a manual, or floor the pedal to get the "kick-down" if you have an auto.

This happens in all cars.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know that the problem is not new....

I know that the problem is not new, and the AC 'spills' power from the engine, but:
i've tested a lot of others turbodiesel engine like this (bmw 320d, renault 1.9 dci,
fiat 1.9, that is the same engine......etc...), but the Saab tid 150 is the worste engine for this behaviour.
The power lost by the A/C is a lot, and under the turbo activity the car has a bad feeling .....like an example, in the bmw 320d , there is almost no difference between A/C on or A/C off.

...here is the problem.

thks

·
Registered
316 Posts
If it's that noticeable maybe you should have your car checked at the dealer?

I have a gasoline engine and i find this effect to be hardly noticeable and (correct me if i'm wrong here) wouldn't a diesel with its superior low-end torque suffer even less from this?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
This sounds like a fault.

I had a 1.9TiD 150 and even with ACC on all the time, I never had that much of an issue. In fact it was generally better than my colleagues BMW 120d at concealing the issue.

You need to get this checked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts