SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to sell my wife's 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour soon.
I have enough 0W-20 Mobil 1 leftover to do an oil change on a 9-3 2.0T or V6 which I only use Mobil 1 0W-40.

Any harm in using it up or should I just give it away?

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
I doubt the oil pressure would change, but the specification might struggle with the turbo lubrication; for the price of the oil for your good car , put it on a Facebook buy and sell and get rid of it for coffee money

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree. Funny, we are going to buy an Audi A5 2.0 Turbo and they now specify 0W-20, used to spec 5W-40.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
If you are selling the Honda privately, you could either do an oil change or include the oil with the vehicle. ("See! I used the best oil, and since my other vehicles won't take it, I'll throw these in with the Honda.")

I would not try to brew up a more suitable viscosity by mixing it with different motor oils.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are selling the Honda privately, you could either do an oil change or include the oil with the vehicle. ("See! I used the best oil, and since my other vehicles won't take it, I'll throw these in with the Honda.")

I would not try to brew up a more suitable viscosity by mixing it with different motor oils.

Car is perfect, only 35,000 miles but a private sale is a hassle. And with a trade in for sales tax purposes I only pay taxes on the net, not the price of a new car. So that makes up or almpst makes up the better price of selling it privately.

I like the idea of just giving it with the car. I am talking about $30 worth of oil and a $6 filter.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Put the filter in the trunk of the Honda.

Use the oil in the possible new Audi, or use one quart with the 0w-40 per oil change in the SAAB.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wouldn't use 0w-20, especially on a turbo car....why risk it to save a few bucks? Manufacturer spec is there for a reason.

Also, I learned the hard way not to put seafoam in turbocharged engine oil...blew up one very expensive GT2871R by doing that.

0w40 all the way, baby.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts