SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I missing something? I thought the new '08 models were all going to be XWD drive (SAAB's version of AWD). I just looked at the official SAAB website and it says the '08 models are still front wheel drive. When is SAAB going to implement the XWD system? Do you think the gas mileage will suffer with the XWD system as with most AWD systems?

·
Registered
759 Posts
camtheram said:
Am I missing something? I thought the new '08 models were all going to be XWD drive (SAAB's version of AWD). I just looked at the official SAAB website and it says the '08 models are still front wheel drive. When is SAAB going to implement the XWD system? Do you think the gas mileage will suffer with the XWD system as with most AWD systems?
XWD is a separate option. It is coming out soon. Search...this has been discussed ad nauseum.

·
Registered
759 Posts
TROLLhattenschatten said:
Why leave saab because of somthing so stupid?
Yeah, seriously. I can't believe how many people are so infuriated about this! Does bluetooth really add that much value? Just get a bluetooth earpiece...then you can use it anywhere. Works just fine for me! :roll:

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have no idea why everyone is sooooo up on this bluetooth stuff also..It has been around for years, why all of a sudden is everyone so intense over it?

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
97 Aero said:
I have no idea why everyone is sooooo up on this bluetooth stuff also..It has been around for years, why all of a sudden is everyone so intense over it?
and so few people over here use it. You search for a bluetooth enabled device on the London Underground or a London Bar and you will find 20+ you do it here and you are lucky to find one.
Contact details and photos are so often bluetoothed in the UK. I've rediscovered the IR connection on my phone since I moved here!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Dont like ear pieces, I don't want one on my head the entire time. There is just as much danger in me fiddling around to get it on my ear to answer the phone as there for me to just put the phone up to my ear, and the later is illegal in every state I move around in.

The reality is I probably wont go back because I don't want a V6, V6 isnt Saab. I would prefer the Aero setup with the 2.0T engine, but we know that will never happen.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
dsanders16 said:
The reality is I probably wont go back because I don't want a V6, V6 isnt Saab. I would prefer the Aero setup with the 2.0T engine, but we know that will never happen.
Go to www.saab.co.uk and see the specifications for the Aero, both 2.0T and 2.8T. Won't happen because the US market considers a premium car cannot have an I4 in it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, it's more than just answering the phone... Bluetooth enables integration of the cell phone's address book (very relevant to those of us with an iPhone). It is very foolish to try and force us to use OnStar phone services.

My iPhone has my life in it. The more it talks to my car, the more my car feels like MY car.

·
Registered
611 Posts
people just need to go back to the old days and just worry about driving and enjoying their cars!

All this crap people need in their car just creates more problems with not only accidents but the vehicles reliability.

Simple is sometimes just a little better

·
Registered
20 Posts
97 Aero said:
people just need to go back to the old days and just worry about driving and enjoying their cars!

All this crap people need in their car just creates more problems with not only accidents but the vehicles reliability.

Simple is sometimes just a little better
Heck, why don't we just go back to the horse and buggy?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bluetooth is a great device communication standard written by several companies that had an interest in a short range system. It works very well and is very well suited to the auto environment. WHY on earth wouldn't every manufacturer spend the $30 per unit and add it to their cars? Since GM's using an "off the shelf" audio package in Saab's now, I bet they could add BT to all of their cars for $9 per copy.

I don't want an earbud covering one ear when I'm trying to listen to tunes while driving. If the music's loud enough, I might not even hear the phone ring without the music automatically being muted first.

Early Toyota Yaris commercials said it has Bluetooth. Why can't a "premium" brand like Saab have it in all of their cars? Don't get the wrong impression I love Saab, I just struggle with penny wise and pound foolish.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
kcaudell said:
Bluetooth is a great device communication standard written by several companies that had an interest in a short range system. It works very well and is very well suited to the auto environment. WHY on earth wouldn't every manufacturer spend the $30 per unit and add it to their cars? Since GM's using an "off the shelf" audio package in Saab's now, I bet they could add BT to all of their cars for $9 per copy.

I don't want an earbud covering one ear when I'm trying to listen to tunes while driving. If the music's loud enough, I might not even hear the phone ring without the music automatically being muted first.

Early Toyota Yaris commercials said it has Bluetooth. Why can't a "premium" brand like Saab have it in all of their cars? Don't get the wrong impression I love Saab, I just struggle with penny wise and pound foolish.
The early models had it in Europe but a very different implementation to what most would desire these days.
The Car had its own phone / SIM module, the car also had bluetooth so you could connect you bluetooth laptop to the car to get a GPRS mobile connection, you could connect a headset to the car and walk around outside the car on the phone, or use it hands free, the car bluetooth would take your phonebook from your bluetooth phone but not use your bluetooth phone to make the calls.
This is not how people want a BT car to work these days though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.