SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had to drop my 04 9-3 off again for the coolant leak/suspension issue. (This is the 4th time :confused:) However they gave me an 08 for my loaner car. I was excited to see what the differences were with the car. The car is a Snow Silver 2.0T. I really do like the front end especially the LED's at night...they look cool. However the car being silver with silver wheels and some chrome it all kinda blends together. I kinda miss the black it offsets the rest. The lack of trim to protect the doors is kinda iffy too. The car drove just fine...not really that different though from the 07 I drove. I like the upgrades to the Auto. The trans shifts smoother also the sport is kinda fun. I think if I would get one I would opt for the Aero in a manual. The only thing I really don't like is that the head rests don't go down further. I hope Saab brings a diesel over here soon I would really be interested in that...:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
How is the interior? I have an '04 Linear myself and that's my biggest complaint. I dislike the vinyl used for the sides of our seats. Are the seats in the '08 100% leather?

·
Registered
128 Posts
04932t said:
S However the car being silver with silver wheels and some chrome it all kinda blends together. ... The car drove just fine...not really that different though from the 07 I drove.
I test drove a silver SC and had no difficulty walking away since I didn't find the color exciting at all. IMHO, there are too many silver cars everywhere (maybe since car companies started coming out with silver prototypes). Glad there's more variety out there now.

As far as the ride. I didn't notice too much of a difference either. Fun factor for 07s and 08s are both very high!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Just got back from service on my 07. Looked at the 08's while I was there. Pretty much identical to the 07 except for the front end. One thing interesting I noticed is it looks like they put the Aero rear bumper on all the 2.0T's now, with a cutout cover for the 2.0T exahust covering the center area where the Aero exhaust would exit. Guess that means no more rear mudflaps on any 9-3 b/c they don't make them to fit the Aero trim where it flares out behind the rear wheels. Probably saved $$ in production to have only one rear bumper design.

·
Registered
28 Posts
04932t said:
The lack of trim to protect the doors is kinda iffy too.
I think that might be one of the better upgrades to the car that they did ( I cant stand the strips on my car)...I drive by the dealership all the time and I want to go in to have a look...but i'm doing my best too hold of till the x turbo arrives to avoid disappointment

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
camtheram said:
How is the interior? I have an '04 Linear myself and that's my biggest complaint. I dislike the vinyl used for the sides of our seats. Are the seats in the '08 100% leather?
Actually I feel that there is even less leather in this car. However I did see that you can add the option of "Premium Natural Leather upholstery" I am assuming that you get a lot more leather.

HAHA Jon V a 9-7...I bet you were all over the place. I know I would be going from our 9-3 to an overweight SUV.:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I got an 08 last week 2.0t ss/ and it's a big improvement compared to my 06. The 06 was sloppy feeling while driving. At first I didn't care for the 08, but it has grown on me. It drives much smoother, its very quiet inside while traveling at highway speeds, the doors are heavier so you need to slam them good, I love the front headlights that turn with you at night, I upgraded to the 17" wheels, just because the pirellis on my 06 were awful.

·
Registered
588 Posts
naples007 said:
I got an 08 last week 2.0t ss/ and it's a big improvement compared to my 06. The 06 was sloppy feeling while driving. At first I didn't care for the 08, but it has grown on me. It drives much smoother, its very quiet inside while traveling at highway speeds, the doors are heavier so you need to slam them good, I love the front headlights that turn with you at night, I upgraded to the 17" wheels, just because the pirellis on my 06 were awful.
Naples - congrats on the new car. I noticed in your profile it's Polar White. Man, you have to post some pics of that 08 in white!

·
Registered
473 Posts
i took an 08 for a spin one day when i was bored, left with like 3 miles on it came back with like 200 something i went down to they keys and back, ill tell you one thing, the 08 rides alot smoother than my 07 one reason id get one, but ive already preordered my turbo x :)

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
camtheram said:
I dislike the vinyl used for the sides of our seats. Are the seats in the '08 100% leather?
No. The sales manager at the dealership told us that the standard seats have leather seating surfaces but vinyl on the sides and in the back. Naturally, if you upgrade to premium leather for 29272712813742 dollars, you'll have that nice, soft, smooth leather all around! The premium leather really felt great, but I can't justify the extra cost. Extra money for 17-in wheels, moonroof package, and cold package is more than enough for me!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
deniss said:
Naturally, if you upgrade to premium leather for 29272712813742 dollars, you'll have that nice, soft, smooth leather all around! The premium leather really felt great, but I can't justify the extra cost.
Well the upgrade is only $1500 which is in line with the competition. In fact, at least 'leather' is standard in the Saab where BMW comes standard with vinyl. In fact, I was just looking at the 535xi and noticed vinyl is standard in that car as well; leather is a ~$1500 extra in a car that starts at $52k. Unbelievable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.