SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know which of the lines labeled 10A is the supply line ? These are the supply/return lines from the fuel pump that connect to the lines under the passenger door. I tried to follow the line from the rail but can't quite tell, possibly the left one or to the outside. I ordered a fuel check valve, male/female quick connectors and injection hose to add an external check valve to address cold start issues before.
I guess I can put a bottle on it and crank the engine and see if fuel comes out.
Automotive design Slope Font Automotive exterior Parallel

Registered
2005 SAAB 9-3 Aero Convertivble 5-Speed
When I did the fuel pump on my 05 I believe the inner most had the pressurized fuel in it. Spayed on my arm when I disconnected it. 馃き if I remember correctly. Is one bigger than the other on the car? I don鈥檛 remember.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I did the fuel pump on my 05 I believe the inner most had the pressurized fuel in it. Spayed on my arm when I disconnected it. 馃き if I remember correctly. Is one bigger than the other on the car? I don鈥檛 remember.
Both lines are same size but it's a 08 that use the hard lines with quick connectors that meet the fuel lines under the car. I have looked at google images of a new fuel pump can't really tell.
I am going to take a closer look and try to follow from the fuel rail again if it's not clear just unplug and put a bottle on both ends and crank to check for fuel. If it dribbles from the engine side I'll know I was wrong.
Won't have time to look until this weekend so I was hoping someone here had some knowledge.

Registered
Both lines are same size but it's a 08 that use the hard lines with quick connectors that meet the fuel lines under the car. I have looked at google images of a new fuel pump can't really tell.
I am going to take a closer look and try to follow from the fuel rail again if it's not clear just unplug and put a bottle on both ends and crank to check for fuel. If it dribbles from the engine side I'll know I was wrong.
Won't have time to look until this weekend so I was hoping someone here had some knowledge.
It is hard lines on the 05 as well. I believe the closest to the middle of the car was the supply.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It is hard lines on the 05 as well. I believe the closest to the middle of the car was the supply.
Thanks, I will start with that one of I can't follow the supply line from the fuel rail.

It's the outside one, confirmed with a gas shower on my arm. Unfortunately these require 3/8(10 MM) connectors and I had sourced 5/16(8 mm) connectors. Should have the correct ones in a few days and able to install in about 5 minutes. Fingers crossed !

Registered
Thanks, I will start with that one of I can't follow the supply line from the fuel rail.

It's the outside one, confirmed with a gas shower on my arm. Unfortunately these require 3/8(10 MM) connectors and I had sourced 5/16(8 mm) connectors. Should have the correct ones in a few days and able to install in about 5 minutes. Fingers crossed !
I will remember now馃槈 the shower was a realization I forgot a step (drain the pressure line) 馃槀 I鈥檒l remember that next time too! 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This thing is laughing at me ! After I disconnected the supply line and cranked the ignition a few times to confirm the car seems to be starting just fine( last 4-5 starts in the morning). What are the chances there was some sort of build up in the area near the check valve/supply line that was cleared with the free flow ? I guess I will monitor a few more days before I install the check valve, I prefer complete stock WITHOUT the inline hose/connector/valve if possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts