SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, HELP!!!

Yesterday I was going slowly down the road and all of a sudden loss of power, back to normal and shattering again with the check engine light flashing) till she stalled. I was trying to start and looks like some cylinders did fire for awhile.

Towed home and started checking:
- pulled the feed fuel line and gas was coming from the line (was unable to check the pressure because of no port in 08 95. I guess the pump is running

- replaced the crank sensor, nothing

- installed a known good DIC

Cyls no longer fire, but compression is OK (sounds normal when cranked)

I checked the codes and got P1300

- pulled the plugs, installed one in the DIC, grounded the spark plug and cranked - no spark

Any ideas????

Thank you

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Guys, HELP!!!

Yesterday I was going slowly down the road and all of a sudden loss of power, back to normal and shattering again with the check engine light flashing) till she stalled. I was trying to start and looks like some cylinders did fire for awhile.

- pulled the feed fuel line and gas was coming from the line (was unable to check the pressure because of no port in 08 95. I guess the pump is running

- pulled the plugs, installed one in the DIC, grounded the spark plug and cranked - no spark

Any ideas????

Thank you
You have a Schrader valve on the fuel rail to check the pressure. Should be near or at 40 w/key on and running. If it’s 30 or less, fuel pump time.
Is the pump original or has it been replaced? If you need a pump, do not get PPS brand. PO put one in my 08 and I got 11K out of it. Just put a Spectra in last week. Back to normal. Would of gotten the TI (Walbro) but nearly 700.00 is nuts.
My symptoms were similar..... any moderate throttle input from cruising would be bucking, backfiring, CEL flash.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Guys, HELP!!!

Any ideas????

Thank you
If you're not getting spark, then the plugs and DIC need to be replaced. At least 9 times out of 10, that's what solves it.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
If you're not getting spark, then the plugs and DIC need to be replaced. At least 9 times out of 10, that's what solves it.
The DIC will typically, but not always, throw codes P1312 and P1334 when it is on the way out (along with P1300 and others).

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
The DIC will typically, but not always, throw codes P1312 and P1334 when it is on the way out (along with P1300 and others).
Mine threw zero codes until it was too late. Seeing as the OP grounded the plug to the DIC and got no spark, what else would it be? I'm asking out of curiosity since I don't know what else it could be if there's no spark.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Mine threw zero codes until it was too late. Seeing as the OP grounded the plug to the DIC and got no spark, what else would it be? I'm asking out of curiosity since I don't know what else it could be if there's no spark.
I believe you are right. No spark is no spark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts